Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taking A Look At Friends...

I am warning you. This post may not make sense.
But its on my mind. So here it goes...

Since I have had the date of when I go on my mission,
I have wanted to hang out with all of my friends.
This includes every group of friends I have ever hung out with.
I have always been one to have the most random friends.
I always get along with random people in random groups.
The past couple of days, I have really thought about this,
and for some reason have been categorizing a few in my head.
Let me explain...

There is the "Ward Best Friend"

The "Ward Best Friend" is the friend that you have grown up with,
and have always been best friends even though you
hang out with different groups of friends.
You tell them EVERYTHING that goes on in your life,
and this most likely occurs during Sunday School.
You both go your separate ways through life.
But whenever both of you return home,
it is like nothing ever changed.
And you are both still 6 years old,
and all that matters is
Barbies and dressing up in costumes.

Then There is the "Guy Best Friend"

For some reason this gets tricky for everyone.
Luckily, it has never been tricky for me.
Meet Thom. He is my "Guy Best Friend"
He knows me better than anyone on this planet.
He is like a brother to me, and I miss him so much.
(He is on a mission in Texas).
He is the first person I told about my mission,
in fact I tell him EVERYTHING first.
He tells me the guy opinion on everything
and has to approve of the people I date.
He is the least judgmental person in my life,
and loves me no matter what dumb things I do.

Meet my "Elementary-High School Best Friend"

This is the best friend that you have been through everything with.
Throughout your entire existence (well of what you can remember)
you have been best friends with this person.
Every memory you have of your schooling years,
this person is involved, and loved every minute of it.
They know you, and laugh at your faults
because they know you better than you know yourself.
This is the best friend who will tell you the truth
no matter how blunt it is.
This is the best friend who you rarely fight with
because you have known each other for so long
that you know what you disagree on
and both of you are completely fine with it
and love each other for those exact reasons.
(A.K.A. UTAH UTES & byu crap...)

Which leads to the all too famous "College Best Friend"

This is the best friend who you enter college with
both of you not knowing what the heck you are doing.
But luckily you have each other, side by side,
knowing they will be with you every step of the way.
This is the best friend that is right there with you
when you sleep over at guy's dorm room for the first time,
has the exact same school schedule and wears the same clothes,
and moves out with you for the first time
to pull all nighters and pranks doing the
craziest/funnest/dumbest things
you have ever done in your life.
This is the best friend that anxiously awaits
what you have to say when you
get home from a first date,
who is the first person you tell when you fall in love,
and the person who comforts you when you witness
your first heartbreak.
This is the best friend who witnesses
the biggest changes in your life
and does the same in theirs.

The "Dated before-but is now your Best Friend"

Ya usually this doesn't work.
Actually, I don't think this case ever works.
But luckily in my case it does.
Meet Chris. Yep, we dated back in high school.
And now we are best friends.
In fact, we hang out all the time.
And it is the greatest thing,
because since we dated,
he knows me pretty darn well.
I feel like we are kinda like Juno.
Except a lot less extreme.
We did the dating thing first, and it didn't work.
So now we get to be best friends,
and honestly, it is the greatest.
I don't need to try and impress him
and I can be myself.
He helps me with the whole dating scene
like telling me the guy's perspective,
and I help him with his wardrobe.
He is one person I can sit at the kitchen table
playing cards for hours on end
while having the most awesome conversations
about life, love, mistakes, goals;
in fact pretty much everything.
By doing nothing, we have the greatest time.

The "Ballet Best Friend"

Since I pretty much lived at my dance studio,
I do have one of these.
This is the best friend that you pretty much live with
outside of your home.
Amy and I have danced together since drill team clinics when we were 5.
We went through nicknames such as Twiddle-Dee & Twiddle-Dum
and being told that our thighs were "overdeveloped" together.
This is the best friend that went through the times
when you worked harder than you ever have
and was there when your adrenaline rush was going crazy
right before walking onto that stage and performing
in front of so many people.
This was the best friend who you would make up
dances together in your spare time
and dream of being the best dancer in the class.
This is the best friend you go to
when you perform the best performance of your life
as well as the worst.
This is the best friend who knows what it feels like
to do your best, and put your heart into dance.
Not many people know that feeling
and love dancing with all their heart.

Ok so this post is a lot longer than I thought it would be.
But in case you didn't notice, friends are everything to me.
I have so many friends who mean so much to me.
So thank you to all of my friends.
And sorry this is so long and random.

Oh and also, I cannot wait to have the title of
"My Husband Is My Best Friend"
:)

4 comments:

  1. awww elizabth i loved this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you?! I want to be your "Blogger Best Friend." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you are such a doll. I just love you best friend! I will always cherish the times that we have shared while dancing together! I will always remember when you got a bug in your eye, eating at Colossimos, cheering together, and being inseperable at the studio. Oh yeah.....we must be really good friends if we both dated the same guy in high school and were able to stay best friends after we both broke up with him and when everything was all said and done we were closer than ever ;) I love you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIL!!! I LOVE this and I love you!!! Thanks for being awesome!

    ReplyDelete