Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shopaholic...



My name is Elizabeth
and I am a shopaholic.

I blame my mother,
and my sister, Annelise.
They truly understand
what it means when you
fall in love while shopping.
Let me explain...

Today I woke up to
a phone call from my
brother, Timmy.
He told me to get ready
because the
G STAR SALE
started today.

Of course I had
already known this
and my friend, Chris
was planning to pick us up
around 10:30 a.m. so we
could be the first customers.

Of course we were the first people there,
and there were so many
wonderful things on sale.
I stayed focused on helping the boys
because I leave in 2 months,
what would the point be
in buying anything?

Until I walked past the shoes.
I looked to my left to see
the most gorgeous pair
of heels I have ever seen.
I was in love.

My heart was instantly broken
when I saw they were $178.00.
I decided that since they were
too expensive, and I knew
I wouldn't buy them....
Why not try them on?

I slipped my foot into the heel
and saw how amazing
they made me look in the mirror.
I instantly started thinking
about how I hadn't bought
anything in a while,
and how much I deserved these shoes.
I mean, $178.00 isn't that much right?

Suddenly, a worker came over
and told me how breathtaking I looked.
She was right, they made me look gorgeous,
and my legs look ten times skinnier.
Then she said something that
changed my life forever....

"Ya, they are truly amazing.
And they weird thing is, is they are
50% OFF."

My heart skipped a beat.
"Wait, did you just say 50% off?"
"Ya, I don't even know why,
because they are so adorable."

I instantly started jumping for joy.
I mean, they were half off,
I HAD TO BUY THEM!
It was destiny.
Why else would they be
50% off??
I couldn't contain myself.
I started screaming
50% off to everyone around me.

I grabbed them and held them,
knowing I would be wearing them
for the next 2 months straight.
My life was complete.
I had never been happier in my life.
And now, I own the shoes
that made me the
happiest girl in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm Stephanie, married to your cousin John. I do read your blog periodically and I just have to say ....

    You're killing me here! What did the shoes look like? What brand? What were they called? Pictures?? I wanna know! Maybe they're still on sale. Shoes are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I can envision this scene in my head with dramatic music in the background. I love when that happens! It was meant to be! I need to see these shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I cannot find a picture of these shoes on the internet anywhere! I am going to take a pic of them and post the picture so you guys can see them. Ha and shoes are my weakness as well! I am glad other people share this gift.

    ReplyDelete