Saturday, June 12, 2010

One Wish



The other day, I was talking with a friend
who did not have a high opinion of one of
my best friends.

You know that feeling you get when someone
says something about your best friend,
and you feel so sad inside?
You cannot even believe someone could
even think of a rude thing to say about
one of the most important people in your life?
I wanted to punch her in the face.

I was telling my mom about the incident
and how sad/mad/frustrated I got.
How I just wanted her to see how
wonderful this person is to me,
and all of the memories I have had with her
and the many lessons I have learned.

That is when my mom told me something
that I will always remember.

Mom: Don't you just hate that?
Me: Ya its the worst.
Mom: Don't you just wish you could see
everyone in that same way?
That you never wanted to say anything
mean about anyone?
And everyone was wonderful in your eyes?

I have thought about that so much ever since
she said it to me.
How wonderful would it be
to never have one mean thought about anyone?
Everyone meant the world to you
and everyone was wonderful.

In reality, everyone is wonderful to someone.
So I have made a new goal
to look at everyone as I would
my best friend.
I want to look through my perfect lens.

Photo.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, that is the coolest post! I had the chills while I was reading it. I try to look at everyone that way, too. It is so true -- everyone is special and loved and it's so important to treat people with love and respect. You're awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete