Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Europe!

Our first stop in Europe was Madrid, Spain. This was Timmy's mission, so it was great that he knew the language and his way around. He was so happy to be back. He had us try Doner Kebabs (even though they aren't Spain food, it was his favorite food in Spain). He took us to a really neat castle that was incredible inside! The best part was that we were able to see the Temple and MTC in Spain. Timmy saw some old friends from the mission there which he loved. It made me even more excited for my mission to come!





Our first stop in Italy out of Milan was Cinque Terra. It means 5 lands in Italian, and it was so gorgeous in each of the cities. We were only able to stop in 3 of the 5, but we loved the ones we stopped in. And of course we got Gilato. We ate Gilato 2 to 3 times a day haha.




Florence was so awesome. It is so cool, because the entire city is in the shape of a circle, and in the center there is a duomo. We climbed to the top of the duomo, and my dad and I were just a little scared because it was so high. I was literally shaking, because it was so high. But it was definitely worth it!




Venice and Lake Como were my absolute FAVORITE places that we stopped at in Italy. They were both so unimaginably GORGEOUS! I was seriously in Heaven with how beautiful everything was. In Lake Como, if you take a ten minute train, you can end up in Switzerland! We weren't able to go, but I thought it was so cool that we were so close to an entirely different country! I was so happy when we were in these places!






France was our last stop. It was truly amazing there, and everything I had imagined. We visited so many widely known places, and it was so fun to see it in real life. My favorite part of Paris were the pastries! They were unreal how great they tasted! One day, we bought a huge box of different pastries, and they were all gone within seconds!





Europe was amazing! It was such a great experience for me.

1 comment:

  1. Your vacation looks incredible! I'm so glad you had fun! Congrats, again, on your mission call! You have so many great things going for you! :)

    ReplyDelete