Sunday, May 9, 2010

When You Were Young


I went on a drive with my dad today
to visit his parent's graves.
The entire time he talked about the joys
of when he was young.
He talked about how playing outside
was always the choice,
and video games didn't even exist.
There were no cell phones, computers,
television was very new,
and the coolest thing
was listening to shows on the radio.
Life was simple.
There was few technology
which was even fewer cases of drama.

He continued to talk about how
the things we deal with today
are so unneeded and dumb.
It didn't matter how many friends
you had on facebook
or even how much money you had.
Life was measured by
how much joy one could have
with nothing in their possession
but close friends and family.

Sometimes I wish I could go back
to when I wasn't bothered if
the guy I like didn't text me back
or I missed my favorite tv show.
To where life was simple.
I feel that people were happier back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment