Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eavesdropping in Paradise


So I made a Starbucks stop today and as I was sitting enjoying myself,
I started listening to the conversation of the girls sitting behind me.
Don't think I am a terrible person, everyone does it,
and one of the girls was suuuper loud, so how could I not?
They were talking about the funniest/strangest things.
I even started laughing to myself, because
I didn't think people even had conversations like that.
Then I started thinking....
I wonder how many people eavesdrop
on my conversations!
I mean, like I said, everyone eavesdrops.
You can't help it when they are talking loud enough
and it is an interesting conversation they are having.
I am a pretty loud talker as well, and I laugh loud too
so who wouldn't eavesdrop on my conversations?
And I wonder how many people think,
wow who even has conversations like that?

I also listened to the conversation going on
between a customer and a worker.
The customer asked how the worker's day was going,
and the worker's response was...
"Just another day in paradise!"
No sarcasm whatsoever, she really meant it.
Who says that?
I mean, seriously have I met a more positive person
in the last week? Month?
Definitely not.
She talked about how could her life not be paradise?
She has a job, she has great friends,
and wonderful people in her life.
It is a beautiful, sunny day outside.
How could it not be paradise?
I found my role model today
and it was the worker at Starbucks...
I guess eavesdropping does come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment