Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book For March: The Secret Life of Bees


Now that I am reading a book every month, I am glad to say I have finished my book for march extremely early. This will be good, because my next book is a bit longer, and I need to get started now so I can finish it in time for April to end.
I chose The Secret Life of Bees, because I had heard how great of a book it was. Here are some great quotes I found from the book that stuck out to me...
"You know, some things don't matter that much, Lily. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart-now, that matters. The whole problem with people is... they know what matters, but they don't choose it. You know how hard that is, Lily? I love May but it was still so hard to choose Caribbean Pink. The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters."
"Don't sort-of-maybe live, but live like you're going all out, like you're not afraid."
"It's your time to live. Don't mess it up."
Imaginary Friends: "How a lost part of yourself steps out and reminds you who you could be with a little work."
"Regrets don't help anything. You know that."
"If you ned something from somebody, always give that person a way to hand it to you."
A big reason why I loved this book is because the girl's name is Lily. I think anyone who has the name Lily is liked. It is the most beautiful name. I learned a lot from this book, and I am excited to see the movie now to see how it compares to the book!

1 comment:

  1. This book is one of my absolute favorites!! Great choice and such good quotes! Love your blog, Lil!

    ReplyDelete