Monday, March 29, 2010

Anything Different...


I find it interesting how different my life has turned out to be. I imagined my life a certain way, with certain things happening. For example:
1. I thought I was getting married this summer, and it didn't work out.
2. I wanted a candle passing in my sorority, and I won't ever have one of those (so deps about it).
3. I thought I was going to be a school teacher one day, def didn't happen!
4. I thought I would be married before I ended school, and that won't happen.
There are so many different options on my mind that I had never even considered. Like these major decisions that I have to make about my future. Since when were decisions so hard? And why do I all of the sudden have these life-changing decisions all at one time?
I was given an opportunity to run for DG president, and I am taking it. I have always wanted to be DG president, and now I have the chance, so I hope I get it! It is interesting how things turn out, and how timing is EVERYTHING. I know things happen for a reason, and so I am excited for what is to come. I will keep you updated on DG pres.
I decided that having a plan for everything in my life isn't necessarily a good thing. I mean, I have had my life planned out to the T my whole life. Now that things have taken such a dramatic turn, I almost feel like I have no idea what I am doing, and for some reason I really like it. I feel free, I feel great.
Here I come life, with no plan. Isn't the surprise always better when you don't know what is coming?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, girl -- I was about to head off to bed when I thought that I'd check my blog and I saw yours as the most recently updated one. I have been thinking about that exact same thing for the past three days!!! I'm sorry things didn't work out for you (getting married and all -- I'm giving you a HUGE cyber hug!!! <3). If it makes you feel any better, there was this guy that I thought I was going to marry, too, but that didn't work out. I totally agree with you (since I am the world's biggest planner) that surprises and just going with the flow is better. Good luck with everything and take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm sorry those things didn't work out for you the way you wanted :[ Just remember that everything happens for a reason... that's what I always tell myself.

    And I was the same as you, I had my whole life planned out, and just over the past few months a lot of things changed and made me rethink everything. Now I have no idea what direction to go in and it's kind of frustrating. But now that I think about it, I can go in any direction I want and become whatever I want to be with no expectations whatsoever! And that is kind of exciting!

    But anyways, good luck with everything! I'm excited to see you at church soon and we can catch up and help each other stay away from the creepers! haha :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably seems hard right now but everything happens for a reason. You should take advantage of being able to do WHATEVER YOU WANT. You will look back on this and be so happy that things turned out the way they did. Go have fun. Do an internship or study abroad. Go have an adventure. I wish I would have done something like that. So many girls in my pledge class are just getting married and only a few have kids. Make the best out of the situation. You have plenty of time to find someone so go enjoy yourself. A friend of mine went and lived with her friends in Europe for a month. How fun would that be? You could have some amazing experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to all of your comments, such great advice!!

    ReplyDelete